Sunday, March 22, 2009

Buddhist Centre

Hi, again, two posts in one day, what's going on. I just received a call from my wonderful Buddhist nun Rinchen and talked about an idea I had to generate some income for the centre. The Khacho Yulo Ling Buddhist Centre Inc is such a wonderful place, and the people are wonderful also. Rinchen is amazing. Some time ago I got the idea of taking a cutting from the Bodi tree that is in a large pot at the centre. Buddha sat under the Bodi tree etc. So this actual tree has quite a bit of history. I want Rinchen to write up the story so that it is accurate so I will not attempt to do it now (more on that later), but rest assured this tree has some important history. So I took 3 cuttings and they all sprouted but only one lived and has now grown into a lovely plant in a pot. I think it would be wonderful to auction off the plant to raise funds to pay out the mortgage. The link above is the centre's web address and on it there is some facilities to make some donations. I think the web site could do with some maintenance and some lovely photos, so if anyone wants to donate their expertise, please contact the centre. So this is the first initial post about this project and I welcome ideas. Obviously we need a great photo of the Bodi tree, a page to make auction pledges etc and further donations. I am looking forward to seeing what can be produced from this event and how it grows from, just another one of my many ideas, to fruition, and favourable outcomes. It would be absolutely fabulous to have the mortgage paid out and build a broader community. Everyone benefits. So this is just the beginning. Stay tuned, and visit the site http://www.yuloling.com/previous.htm Regards from Jane you can contact me movement4improvement at bigpond.com.au

No comments: